Studio classes now live
We are now running studio classes at all three clubs. It is a reduced schedule for now and spaces will be limited to begin with.
Classes can be booked up to eight days in advance. Please use our booking system to secure your space.
Please contact the Reception desk of your club for the latest studio timetable.
We are pleased to announce that we are now running a restricted timetable
New guidelines, procedures and safeguarding measures in place to make Isenhurst, COVID-19 safe
We are extremely excited to be operating again.
The club’s community spirit remains the same, but what is different are the guidelines, procedures and safeguarding measures now in place to make the gym and leisure space as safe as possible for members and staff.
These can be found below along with our FAQs further down the page. These include useful information on Direct Debits.
If you still have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call your club to speak to a member of the Isenhurst team. Clubs’ opening hours are 6am – 10pm, Monday to Friday and 8am – 8pm, Saturday and Sunday.
By working together we can make your visits as enjoyable, comfortable and safe as possible.
New guidelines, procedures and safeguarding measures:
- All members will be required to pre-book their gym or swimming session via the online booking system on the Isenhurst website or by calling their club.
- All members will need to bring their membership card to swipe in and out. This is needed for ‘Track and Trace’ and future booking purposes.
- Clubs will be open to full paying members only.
- Anyone entering the building showing signs of COVID-19 (temperature, cough and difficulty breathing) will be sent home with immediate effect.
- All members will be required to sanitise their hands on arrival.
- On arrival, members using the gym will be given their own bottle of virucide disinfectant spray to clean touch points on equipment before and after use. Please use the paper towel provided.
- Studio classes have started, building up to a full programme over the next few weeks.
- Children’s swimming sessions and lessons will resume at a later date.
- All members and staff to respect the current social distancing rules at all times.
- All members using the gym space will need to arrive and leave in their gym kit. Apart from toilets, changing rooms will be for members using the pool only.
- No more than two people in the toilet areas at any time.
- There are hand sanitiser stations available throughout all three clubs.
- Members will be forbidden to bring unnecessary bags and personal towels into the gym space. Please use the paper towel provided.
- Any members wishing to wear masks and gloves, will be required to use their own.
- All machines, equipment and weight stations have been spaced out already to comply with current social distance ruling.
- Social distancing will be enforced in the swimming pool areas too. Lane dividers are already in place.
- Sauna and steam rooms will not be in operation on opening. However, spa pools will be, but with limited numbers using at any one time.
- Plastic screens have been erected at reception desks.
- We will continue with the enhanced cleaning regime that was in place in the run up to lockdown, focusing on high touch point areas. This will be in addition to the nightly contract cleaning in place.
- Fans will be operating and windows open for air flow.
- The café won’t be fully operational, but drinks will be available to purchase and takeaway at all three clubs.
- All reception areas are clear of any unnecessary paraphernalia.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation. We have been blown away by the support of the Isenhurst community and we very much look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Frequently Asked Questions (updated 13 August)
When will Isenhurst Health Clubs be reopening?
We are pleased to announce that we opened our doors of all three clubs on Monday 27th July. This includes the swimming pools too.
Will I need to pre-book my session?
Yes. Everyone attending the gym and using the swimming pools will need to pre-book their session via the booking system on our website or by calling your club. Sessions can be booked up to eight days prior. No more than three bookings at a time. One hour slots will be available for the gym and half hour slots will be available for the swimming pool. Pre-booking is essential to ensure we manage numbers.
What do I need to bring and what can’t I bring?
All members must bring their membership card so they can swipe in. This is need for ‘Track and Trace’ purposes. Gym users will be forbidden to bring unnecessary bags and personal towels into the gym space. We ask that you use the paper towel provided, disposing them in the bins on site.
Do I need to wear a mask and gloves?
It isn’t currently mandatory to wear masks and gloves to gym and leisure spaces, but if you wish to do so then please bring and wear your own.
What else do I need to do once at the club?
We ask that you sanitise your hands upon entering. There are sanitiser stations throughout the clubs to use too. We also ask that you wipe down touch points on equipment before and after use, using the virucide disinfectant cleaning spray you are given on arrival and the paper towel provided too. Also please respect the current social distancing rules at all times.
Will the changing rooms be open?
Yes, but they will be for swimming members only. We encourage all members using the gym to arrive and leave in their gym kit and shower at home. Please refrain from bringing in unnecessary bags. Toilets are open for everyone’s use of course, but only two people in the toilet areas at any one time.
When will studio classes start?
We have starting studio classes at our Uckfield and Crowborough clubs, with Cross In Hand classes starting on the 17th August. We will be building up to a full programme from there.
I have an annual membership which I paid for in advance. What happens to that when Isenhurst Health Clubs reopen?
We have extended all annual memberships in place by the amount of time the memberships were inactive for, which is three months.
If I have cancelled my membership, can I rejoin?
Yes. If you are wishing to reactivate your membership, you will need to come in to the club. If you are wishing to pay by Direct Debit, a new Direct Debit form will need to be completed also. Thank you!
Will members be able to use the swimming facilities at the clubs?
The swimming pools will be open, but social distance rules will apply. All pools have been equipped with lane dividers. Due to Government requirements, the sauna and steam rooms will be out of action. The spa pools will be open, but for limited numbers at any one time.
Will there be children’s swimming sessions and lessons?
Children’s swimming lessons and session will resume at a later date.
What other safeguarding measures are in place?
Perspex screens are now up at reception desks, all areas have been cleared of unnecessary paraphernalia. Fans will be operating at all three clubs, with windows open for air flow. Staff will be regularly cleaning throughout club hours, on top of the contract cleaning that takes place nightly.
Will the cafes be open?
The cafes at all three clubs will be running a takeaway drinks service.
How can I contact the clubs for any more information I may need?
Please contact the clubs via the emails below:
Following the swift decision to close on Friday 20th March 2020, we are now in a position to confirm that all memberships have been frozen until further notice.
Please don’t cancel your Direct Debits with the bank. We are not taking your money and it will keep admin much easier for everyone when we are back up and running again. For those of you who have paid for your membership upfront, we will be adding the lost time on to your membership.
As no staff are allowed to work due to social distancing, there will be no one available to answer the phones. If you need to get in touch with us at this stage, then please do via email only:
We have been so humbled by the majority of the messages that have come through and we are proud of our Isenhurst community.
We are also very aware that this is a particularly difficult time for our members who are self-employed – we send you all our love and strength. If times are still difficult for you all when we are back up and running, then please come and speak to us.
Our staff have been our priority since the announcement and will continue to be so.